Baby, I’m back.

Oh boy, it’s been a few months. And what a few months it has been!!

Let’s catch up, shall we?

Screen Shot 2013-03-24 at 3.07.01 PM

As of last December, I am OFFICIALLY a college graduate!!! Crazy, right?! I am sad to note that I didn’t reach the GPA level for honors, but with everything I went through in my life during my time at Lindenwood, I’m just happy that I achieved as well as I did. The last few years of my life have thrown me more curveballs than I can begin to explain, and looking back, I would have done so much differently if I had known then what I know now. But then again, wouldn’t we all?

I have regrets, but I have also figured out who I am.

Now, if only I could figure out what I want to do next. I feel so unready for the “real” world. I lack the drive and motivation that I see so many of my friends having. I know I’m capable of so much, but I am so lost as to where to begin. It’s probably one of the worst feelings I have ever experienced.

Philly loves

NC fun











As soon as I finished my last final, I was on a plane heading to Philly to visit some of my favorite people. I hadn’t seen most of them since my trip up there last March, so I was very happy I was able to use some Southwest flight credit to head that way. On top of being able to see these wonderful people, I was also able to see a second show with the beautiful Tyler Ward. We went to Christmas parties, had good-bye dinners and even watched the LA Lakers beat the 76ers. It was a pretty great trip out East.

I spent Christmas with my family, but sadly was miserably sick that entire week. A few trips to the ER and my doctor revealed a bout of the flu and some new food allergies – eggs, shrimp and corn (plus I’m lactose and gluten intolerant…but my diet is an entirely different story).

My next adventure involved one of my childhood best friends, a drive out East and some mountains. We left early New Years Eve day to head to Nashville for a night of fun – which ended up with us back in the hotel just before 11pm (we’re real party animals). The next morning, we worked out, ate breakfast and set off for North Carolina. The drive was pretty awful – bad traffic, rain that made the vision difficult and awful drivers. But we made it to our friend Nick’s late New Years Day with enough time to hang out and play Apples-to-Apples. It was quite a wet week – tons of rain, snow and cold! – but we made full use of it. The first day, we did some driving to pick up a friend, ate Chick-fil-A and then trekked around the top of Beech Mountain (absolutely gorgeous view!) before enjoying Mexican food and friendship. The next day we took a late start, ate lunch at a cute Irish sandwich shop and then heading off to the mountains. Five hours later, soaking wet, freezing cold and sore as ever, I had successfully completed my first climbing and rappelling adventure!! It was honestly one of the most amazing days of my life – you never know how much you can do until you push yourself there.

I returned home the next afternoon and began getting ready for the biggest trip yet – EUROPE!!! I had about five days to wash clothes, pack and finish up the last of my “to-do” list. I couldn’t even tell you what happened in those five days, as I was way beyond the level of stressed that I should have been at.

Europe Time!

On Wednesday, January 9th, I set off on my first international trip. I couldn’t have been more excited and nervous. The flight itself was long (and my tummy was still upset, so I was quite uncomfortable), but well worth it. Europe was incredible. Seeing one of my best friends was amazing. Everything about my trip was perfect.

I plan on going into more detail about each place I visited in second blogs, but it’s taking me some time to get everything (pictures, my journal, maps/info, etc.) organized. I’ve been home about three weeks now and have dove head first into workouts and family time, with a bit of job hunting here and there. I really need a job, but it’s EXTREMELY stressful to search and find one. Plus, I’m still just trying to readjust to not only being back in the states after two months, but also being back in my hometown after nearly five years of not having a whole lot to do with it (minus about half a year, when I still didn’t do much with anyone in town and was overcoming that car accident trauma).

The past few years of my life have been crazy, in both good and bad ways. I’m trying to really determine what I want from life, and I figure that if it takes me a few months, then it’s okay. I have a room over my head, a supportive family and a great group of friends. I have time to figure it all out, and in the meantime, I’ll be working out, baking and blogging!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: